I'm Claire. I’m a creative and compassionate Irish (and kind of Dutch) thirty-something-year-old based in a cosy attic apartment in the heart of Amsterdam with my kind and silly husband, Nate.
my coaching journey
I have worked in international development for government agencies, non-profits, and social enterprise in Europe and Africa for over ten years. After returning from two years in Mozambique in 2011, I found myself job hunting in an extremely competitive market, questioning who I was, what I was passionate about, and whether I was really getting to ‘be me'. I knew I wanted to contribute meaningfully, be more creative in my work, and find some peace amongst the craziness of life.
After receiving career coaching where I was challenged to dream big, dig deep, consider the areas where I naturally flourish, and jump out of my comfort zone, I discovered I desired to be in closer contact with people, also helping them grow, develop, and flourish.
icf certified coach
From the moment I completed my coaching training, I was hooked. I have been an Associate Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation since 2013. Through additional training I have added specialisations in career, transition, leadership development, strength-based, and narrative coaching.
In recent years I have also discovered a love of teaching and training people to use coach skills to empower others in their context, especially if I get to incorporate lots of creativity and play in the process!
I love the opportunities coaching affords me to come alongside others, hear their stories, and be a part of their journey towards greater well-being and growth. I am passionate about enabling people, women in particular, to compose a life that embraces who they are and allows them to live and work in line with their strengths and values. I firmly believe that when we are rooted in these foundations, we also have more to give. We can live and love well.
I still highly value empowering those who have suffered injustice or live in scarcity, and the colleagues and organisations working in this area. The last few years I worked with Not For Sale, which creates social enterprises to support human trafficking survivors through training, coaching, and a pathway to self-sustaining work in Amsterdam (I still miss my regular dose of Dignita deliciousness and encourage you to go eat very well and do good). I currently do some work with Oikocredit, and am open to developing new partnerships with non-profits or individuals in the future.
For those who like lists...
- have a big green bicycle bell, which I frequently employ as I traverse the city.
- grew up bilingual, a helpful launchpad to language learning.
- could be called a third culture kid, unclear on where I am ‘really’ from, but call many places home. My accent confuses people.
- have worked and studied in several countries in Europe, Africa, and Latin-America.
- am a curious learner and hold university degrees in a variety of subjects including communications, psychology, translation, and international development studies.
- swimming in the sea or just dipping my toes in
- big dinner parties and speed charades
- the feeling after running
- koffie verkeerd and English breakfast tea (with milk)
- singing folkish songs
- poetry & podcasts
- being in the forest
- and the colour green.